The given question is a challenging GMAT hard quant problem solving question testing concepts in number properties - Product of factors of cubes and squares of numbers.
Question 38: What is the product of all the factors of the cube of a positive integer 'n' if the product of all the factors of square of n is n3?
'n' is a positive integer.
Product of the factors of n2 is n3.
If the product of the factors of n2 = n3, the only factors of n2 are 1, n, and n2.
So, we can infer that n does not have any factor other than 1 and itself.
Therefore, n is a prime number.
Factors of n3 if n is a prime number are 1, n, n2 and n3.
So, the product of the factors of n3 = 1 × n × n2 × n3 = n6
31. GMAT 650 Level Sample Question | Arithmetic DS | Number Properties
32. GMAT Hard Math Arithmetic - Counting Methods | GMAT Problem Solving
33. GMAT Challenging Question | Geometry DS | Coordinate Geometry & Quadratic Equations
34. GMAT Hard Math | Geoemtry Right Triangles | GMAT 750 Level Data Sufficiency
35. GMAT Challenging Math Question | Arithmetic | Number Properties - Remainders
36. GMAT Data Sufficiency | Number Properties
37. GMAT DS Sample Question | Arithmetic - Statistics | Mean, Median, and Range
38. GMAT Number Properties Practice | 650 Level Question | Factors Problem Solving
39. GMAT Arithmetic Question | Numbers Counting Methods Problem Solving
40. GMAT Algebra Practice Question | Equations & Numbers PS
GMAT® is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). This website is not endorsed or approved by GMAC.
GRE® is a registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This website is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this product.
Wizako - GMAT, GRE, SAT Prep
An Ascent Education Initiative
48/1 Ramagiri Nagar
Velachery Taramani Link Road.,
Velachery, Chennai 600 042. India